Dear Joanne and Jenny,
I deeply respect and admire the care and attention Joanne lavishes on the food she eats. Whenever I cook for her, I get a sense of the deep respect she has for food and its ability to nurture those around her. Shopping with her is a treasure. She looks at fruits and vegetables and deliberately chooses one or two that she will savor. I've seen her coo over a giant maitake mushroom that she kept in a paper bag on a shelf over her desk in her dorm room. Once, she sent a picture of little baby gherkin cucumbers that she thought were adorable and sweet. She wanted so desperately to find recipes for these things that would show them in their best lights.
I deeply respect and admire the care and attention Joanne lavishes on the food she eats. Whenever I cook for her, I get a sense of the deep respect she has for food and its ability to nurture those around her. Shopping with her is a treasure. She looks at fruits and vegetables and deliberately chooses one or two that she will savor. I've seen her coo over a giant maitake mushroom that she kept in a paper bag on a shelf over her desk in her dorm room. Once, she sent a picture of little baby gherkin cucumbers that she thought were adorable and sweet. She wanted so desperately to find recipes for these things that would show them in their best lights.
This is a picture of a grilled cheese/salmon salad/egg salad sandwich that I burned and then devoured while standing over the stove. It was delicious. A hot delicious mess of everything I had in my fridge.
AND I was so proud of it that I took pictures.
I think we can all agree that I am a special little narwhal unicorn.
I am a special little narwhal unicorn amazon princeling and I might be bored with food.
I think we can all agree that I am a special little narwhal unicorn.
I am a special little narwhal unicorn amazon princeling and I might be bored with food.
I caught myself the other day with an intense craving for fried chicken. There are both a KFC and Popeyes within driving distance of my office. Yet, I found myself at Trader Joes, picking out salads.
Before you say, "Wow, Shelly! You're so healthy! What great willpower!" understand that I am not on a diet and was not intentionally making a healthy choice. Not all salads are that great for you. A Caesar salad has the nutritional value of tree bark bathed in oil.
Still, salad = fried chicken?????
I have issues. Deep issues.
Please help me.



No comments:
Post a Comment