Hello Ladies,
I am navigating the whole new world known as "Motherhood" with my daughter Kristen,
my husband Jonathan,
and our dog, Busy
We started off our marriage in good ol' Utah, but it was not meant to last and after Kristen was born we ran back to California.
Kristen is now 6 months old and we have just started her on solid foods. I am so excited for her to experience the wonderful dishes that Joanne and Shelly will create for her. The poops will be nuclear but watching her turn from a blob infant into a toddler will be worth it.
![]() |
| Completely appealed by the presence of broccoli |
![]() |
| Offering her a piece of peach |
![]() |
| Rejecting the peach (it was good, her lose is my gain) |
One night Jonathan told me he'd like french toast for dinner. I didn't have any bread suitable for french toast plus I didn't have any recipes (I like recipes. I like planning. I am not a spontaneous person). A few days later I had gotten a loaf of sourdough bread from Boudins for free (yaay free!). I decided to make a casserole instead of a traditional french toast because I don't have the time to stand in front of a stove when I need to watch Kristen.
This recipe turned out so good Jonathan now refers to it as my "amazing french toast recipe"
This recipe turned out so good Jonathan now refers to it as my "amazing french toast recipe"
French Toast Bake
- 1 loaf sourdough
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TB vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
Topping:
Instructions
- Cut loaf into cubes and place evenly in a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
- Make sure all the bread is evenly coated and set aside while you make the topping.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with this mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly over the bread.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how soft you like it.
Jonathan was nice enough to take Kristen with him while he ran an errand after work, so I was super focused on getting this in the oven before they got back. I was so focused that I forgot to take pictures as I made the french toast bake. I even forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Instead of food I offer you pictures of Kristen :) She's fucking awesome <3











No comments:
Post a Comment