Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Love Note

Dear Shelly,

The last few weeks in California went by so quickly, but they were so uplifting and necessary. You guys remind me of who I am when nobody else can. I love you and I love our friends.  



 
I love that we are always dog-happy to see each other, no matter the setting, and that our gatherings never have a dull moment - despite always being dry because we’re so eager catching up that we forget to drink. Yes, we break the cardinal rule of late-twenties-people gatherings and still manage to have insane mounds of fun!!
 
Jane's pin says, "Being Old Doesn't Seem So Old Now That I'm Old"
 
I love that we can sit 4 hours in a Peet’s and be completely entertained by our conversation and antics while everyone else looks over and wonders, are they drinking 'shrooms?
Jason's completely innocent cookie
I love how, when we get together, whether it's once a month or once a year, it feels like no time has passed at all since high school.
 
"happy biiiiirthday to yoooou...!"
I love that every person cares about every other person in our group.
 
"Yea we're boning."
We are lucky to be in our friendships. I constantly feel like I've won the lottery when it comes to you guys.
 
Not pictured: Jason being a gentleman and taking our picture

Lastly, I love that, despite being apart, whether that's geographical distance, or distance as a result of building towards our different life goals - we still get together on Google Hangouts and share our discoveries, angst, rants, and lessons of perspective every night.
 
...the most important life lesson of all.

I love you.
...I miss your goofy faces so much!!!!!

<3
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment